- Assembled in our shop in Seattle, WA by American workers
- Heavy double-braid bare copper shielding provides the best protection available against induced low-frequency noise and hum
- Bulk cable stock manufactured to our specifications in Richmond, Indiana by Belden, the world leader in communications cabling
- Rated CM (superior to CL2, CL3) for in-wall installation; available both in white and black jacket
- Taversoe crimp RCA plugs offer tight grip through spring contact tension, ensuring solid connection without the danger of jack damage.
DescriptionBlue Jeans Cable LC-1 Subwoofer Cable, 35 foot, Black:
In some ways the subwoofer cable has the easiest job of any cable in a home theater system, unburdened by high frequencies or wide bandwidth. But subwoofer applications aren't completely trouble-free, and keeping induced noise out of your subwoofer can sometimes be a challenge.Two Braid Shields for the Ultimate in Low-Frequency Shielding Performance:
The LC-1 Analog Audio Cable, offered only by Blue Jeans Cable, was designed for the best possible performance in unbalanced consumer audio use. Two factors in cable design can affect analog audio quality: capacitance, too much of which can cause high-frequency rolloff, and shielding, which serves to keep outside EMI and RFI from getting into the signal path. LC-1 is designed for minimal capacitance (about 12 pF/ft) and for the highest shield effectiveness at analog audio frequencies. Instead of a relatively ineffective foil or spiral serve shield, LC-1 uses two high-coverage (95%) bare copper braid shields for the highest shield coverage and conductivity. This provides the best rejection of low frequency hum and noise possible in an unbalanced analog audio cable.Taversoe RCA Plugs for High Durability and Contact Integrity:
The RCA plugs are our Taversoe 7 model, designed specifically to fit LC-1. These are a three-piece crimp plug, not a simple solder or compression plug, and are designed to endure flexing and pulling without coming apart. The center pin and the outer contact are gold-plated, and the outer ring uses a series of miniature leaf springs to grip the jack for a secure but not overly-tight fit. Assembled in the USA by American Workers:
The cable stock is made for us in Richmond, Indiana, and connectorization is done right here in our Seattle, Washington assembly shop by American workers using precision stripping and crimping equipment.