- New, High-Contrast E-Ink Screen - 50% better contrast than any other e-reader. The clearest text and sharpest images.
- Read in Bright Sunlight - Unlike LCD screens, Kindle's screen reads like real paper, with no glare. Read as easily in bright sunlight as in your living room.
- Lighter Than a Paperback - At only 8.7 ounces and 1/3 of an inch thin, Kindle is lighter than a paperback and thinner than a magazine.
- Holds 3,500 Books - Doubled Kindle's storage so you can carry up to 3,500 books.
- Battery Life of Up to One Month - A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off. Keep wireless always on and go for up to 10 days without recharging.
Before the concept of the E-Book reader began to penetrate society, one device lit the way - the Kindle. The original Kindle is updated to the second-generation eBook reader, sporting a 6" (diagonal) high-contrast screen with both wired and wireless connectivity for adding and removing books. Features
Built-In Wi-Fi - Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots at home or on the road. Includes free Wi-Fi access at AT&T hotspots across the U.S. Quieter Page Turn Buttons - Quieter page turning means you won't disturb your partner when you want to read all night. Share Meaningful Passages - Share meaningful passages with friends and family with built-in Twitter and Facebook integration. Simple to Use - Kindle is ready to use right out of the box - no setup, no software to install, no computer required. Books in 60 Seconds -With fast, free wireless delivery, you can start reading books in less than 60 seconds. No computer required. Massive Selection - Over 630,000 books, including 109 of 111 New York Times Best Sellers, plus audiobooks, periodicals and blogs. For non-U.S. customers, content availability varies. Free, Out-of-Copyright Books - Over 1.8 million free, out-of-copyright, pre-1923 books are available such as Pride and Prejudice. Read Everywhere with Whispersync - Your Kindle books can be read on your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac, Android device, and BlackBerry. Our Whispersync technology syncs your place across devices, so you can pick up where you left off. Read-to-Me - With Text-to-Speech, Kindle can read English-language content out loud to you. Formats Supported - Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion Improved PDF Reader - Now with new dictionary lookup, notes and highlights, and support for password protected PDFs. Ea