- Toshiba Samsung - The world's leading manufacturer of laptop drives
- Read and record DVDs with up to 8x speed (24x for CD)
- Supports 8.5 GB DVD Duallayer recordables (DVDÂ±R DL)
- Suitable for all laptops & notebooks with a 12,7mm Slimline SATA Trayload ODD Slot
- Hot Plug & Play on Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10 Mac OS 8.6 or higher
The SN208 delivers exceptional quality and performance with leading technology from the experts at Toshiba Samsung.
It impresses with its compact size and the best DVD burning technology, works quietly and thus, will not disturb you while you are watching videos.
Lets you read and write to DVD and CD formats. The SN208 can burn DVD movies and data up to 6X Speed. Write speed:
CD-R :Max.24X Zone CLV
CD-RW :4X CLV
High Speed CD-RW :10XCLV
Ultra Speed CD-RW :Not Support
DVD-R :Max.8X CAV
DVD-R DL :Max.6X Zone CLV
DVD-RW :Max.6X Zone CLV
DVD+R :Max.8X CAV
DVD+R DL :Max.6X Zone CLV
DVD+RW :Max.8X Zone CLV
DVD-RAM :3X-5X PCAV ( 4.7GB) Read speed:
DVD-ROM :Max 8X CAV
CD-ROM :Max 24X CAV
* Drivers as well as software are provided by the native operation system like (Windows or OSX, even most Linux distributions).
* To install the drive you will need to open the case up. Usually it is a matter of unscrewing a single screw. Please refer to the manufacturer manual of your laptop or ask a qualified technician.
* The manufacturer has not provided any specific drivers for this drive. However, Windows as well as OSX and all the major Linux distributions already have all the necessary drivers preinstalled. The drive should immediately be recognized as soon as you connect it. If you have troubles try updating your drivers via you OS Update Service like Windows update for Windows 7, 8 & 10
* To make sure your drive will fit your laptop please compare it to the height of the old drive or the empty drive bay. It should be 12.7mm. This drive is not designed to a 9,5mm drive bay. The connecting interface must also be SATA and not IDE.