- Interface:IDE2 MB buffer,140 ms average seek time (DVD),130 ms average seek time (CD)
- DVD Speed:18x maximum write speed (DVD+R);8x maximum rewrite speed (DVD+RW);8x maximum write speed (Double Layer, DVDÂ±R);18x maximum write speeds (DVD-R);6x maximum write speeds (DVD-RW);16x maximum read speed (DVD)
- CD Speed:48x maximum write speed (CD-R);32x maximum rewrite speed (CD-RW);48x maximum read speed (CD)
- Performance:2 MB buffer;140 ms average seek time (DVD);130 ms average seek time (CD);Interface:IDE
- Supported Formats: DVD-RAM; DVD+R; DVD+R DL; DVD+RW; DVD-R; DVD-R DL; DVD-RW; DVD-ROM ; DVD-Video; CD-R; CD-RW; CD-ROM ; CD-ROM/XA; CD-Audio ; Video-CD; Photo CD; CD-I (FMV); CD-Extra; CD-TEXT
The Sony AW-Q170A-B2 DVD+/-RW DL Drive features an 18x maximum DVD+/-R write speed, making it one of the fastest DVD writers on the planet. This speedster also rewrites DVD+RW at 8x and DVD-RW at 6x as well as writes DVD-R at 18x (8x dual/double layer speeds). DVD reads speeds run at 16x. It also comes with a 2 MB buffer, 140 ms average seek times for DVD and 130 ms average seek times for CDs.
Supported Formats: (1)DVD-RAM (2)DVD+R (3)DVD+R DL (4)DVD+RW (5)DVD-R (6)DVD-R DL (7)DVD-RW (8)DVD-ROM (9)DVD-Video (10)CD-R (11)CD-RW (12)CD-ROM (13)CD-ROM/XA (14)CD-Audio (15)Video-CD (16)Photo CD (17)CD-I (FMV) (18)CD-Extra (19)CD-TEXT
*It's a Sony NEC Optiarc product in bulk package. There is no brand name on the surface of the item. The model number and brand name (Optiarc) can be checked in windows after it is installed into the computer.
Sony NEC Optiarc Inc. is a new joint venture company established on April 3rd 2006 by Sony Corporation and NEC Corporation.
Opti-: optical, opti- (Latin prefix meaning "the best")
-arc: archive, -arch (English suffix/prefix meaning "number one")
Sony NEC Optiarc is rising to the challenge with an exciting lineup of DVD and Blu-ray Disc products designed to meet your exacting requirement and uphold our founding principals of providing the best optical drives in the world.