- 3,000MBps per port maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage (SAN) traffic
- Up to 1.2 million IOPS reduce latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Improved reliability and diagnostics with support for Brocade ClearLink
- Enhanced QoS prioritizes SAN traffic for high performance
- Simplified deployment with fabric pre-provisioning
QLogic QLE2672 Gen 5 (16Gb) Fibre Channel Adapters The QLogic® QLE2672 Gen 5 (16Gb) Fibre Channel (FC) Adapters boast excellent native Fibre Channel performance-achieving dual-port, line-rate 16Gbps FC throughput-at extremely low CPU usage with full hardware offloads. Gen 5 FC resolves data center complexities by enabling a storage network infrastructure that supports powerful virtualization features, application-aware services, and simplified management. This achievement provides a next-generation storage networking infrastructure capable of supporting the most demanding virtualized and cloud-enabled environments, while fully leveraging the capabilities of high-performance Gen 5 FC and solid-state disk (SSD) storage. These features help reduce cost and complexity while the unmatched 16Gb performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today's powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers. The QLE2672, powered by QLogic VMflex® technology, supports standards-based virtualization features. Support for N_Port ID virtualization (NPIV) enables a single FC adapter port to provide multiple virtual ports, increasing network scalability. Virtual fabric technology allows a single FC adapter port to participate in multiple virtual fabric domains for improved availability. In addition, line-rate 16Gbps throughput per physical port delivers unmatched storage performance to maximize the number of virtual machines per physical server.