- The Plugable UD-CA1A is PCMag.com Editors' Choice award-winning universal USB 3.1 Type-C docking station with Power Delivery. Power up your productivity with a 4K-capable HDMI display ouput (supports 4K at 30Hz, 2560x1600 and lower at 60Hz), Ethernet, audio input/output, and five additional USB ports while providing up to 60W of power to charge your attached system
- Ideal single display docking solution to expand the functionality of supported Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C systems, the UD-CA1A is compatible with USB-C systems like the 2018 MacBook Air, 2016/2017/2018 MacBook Pros, Chromebooks, Microsoft Surface Book 2, HP Spectre x360 13", and Dell XPS (9350, 9550, 9360, 9560, 9370), Lenovo X1 Carbon X1 G5. Not all models of USB 3.1 Type-C systems support these features. Please see Technical Specifications PDF below for additional systems.
- Leverages USB 3.1 technologies to enable charging and video output; Up to 60W charging provided via USB-IF Power Delivery ("PD") standard, and HDMI output is enabled through "VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode over Type-C" ("Alt Mode") functionality; Host system must also be compatible with these technologies to for charging and video output to function
- Requires compatible USB 3.1 Type-C system; not compatible with legacy USB 3.0 and 2.0 systems. Not all USB-C ports and systems support PD or Alt Mode; please see our website for additional compatibility tables. DisplayPort monitors are not supported
- We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1 year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
The Plugable UD-CA1A USB-C Docking Station provides an additional display output (via DisplayPort Alternate Mode), up to 60 Watts of Power Delivery (PD) to charge your host computer via USB-C (host computer must support PD over USB-C), gigabit Ethernet, audio, and expanded USB device connectivity. All through a single USB-C cable.Performance
The UD-CA1A docking station utilizes Alternate Mode display technology which uses a direct "pipeline" to the graphics processor in your system, and your connected monitor will function and perform as a natively attached display. The Alternate Mode video (native DisplayPort signal) gets converted to HDMI 1.4 to accommodate widely available HDMI monitors.Compatible Systems
Plug and play installation on any Windows, Mac, or Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality. Current examples are the 2017 / 2016 MacBook and MacBook Pro, and Dell XPS 13". Dell XPS 15" will function but displays a warning on boot if a 130W charger is not detected.Incompatible Systems
No current Android phones or tablets with USB-C support Alternate Mode video output. ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alternate Mode video at this time.Power and Charging
The UD-CA1A's power supply can charge hosts with up to 60 Watts of power via the USB Power Delivery standard. As mentioned above, some devices which support video output over USB-C will not charge via USB-C. For these systems, the charger from your system manufacturer will be required.In the Box
UD-CA1A docking station with stand, 1m long USB-C cable, 80W (20V, 4A) power supply with US power plug, and quick start guide.