- USB modem offering connectivity for your PC to AT&T's 3G and EDGE networks
- Runs on AT&T's 3G UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA network with downlink speeds of 700 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps and uplink speeds of 500 Kbps to 1.2 Mbps
- microSD memory card slot compatible with cards up to 32 GB
- Works internationally with optional DataConnect Global plan
- OS support: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP; Mac OS X (version 10.4 or later)
The AT&T USBConnect Lightning provides enhanced mobile broadband performance on the nation's fastest 3G network for quick and easy access to email, the Internet and business applications on your laptop while on the go. The combination of 3G mobile broadband speeds and EDGE national coverage provides an ideal mix of coverage and performance. The USBConnect Lightning connects to your laptop via the USB port, and it also includes a microSD memory card slot that's compatible with cards up to 32 GB in size.
The USBConnect Lightning makes connecting in more places easier as it can be used at AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots (with a Wi-Fi enabled laptop and qualified data plan). Additionally, it offers global compatibility with DataConnect Global plans covering additional data usage in select roam zones in more than two dozen countries, including many European countries, India, China, South Korea and Japan.
The USBConnect Lightning runs on AT&T's 3G High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) wireless network, which has upload speeds between 500 Kbps and 1.2 Mbps and enhanced download speeds ranging between 700 Kbps and 1.7 Mbps. The faster download speeds provide an optimal wireless Internet-browsing experience, and the faster upload speeds will enhance users' ability to send large files, such as e-mail with attachments, photos or business documents. AT&T is the first U.S. carrier to deploy enhanced upload speeds through High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) in its HSPA network. HSPA is the latest generation of mobile broadband technology based upon the global standard for wireless--GSM.
- 7.2 Mbps theoretical maximum speeds on HSPA 7.2 networks where deployed (w/backwards compatibility to EDGE networks)
- Supports AT&T Communication Manager 7.0 (ACM)
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7 via ACM 7.0 and Windows 7 Mobile Broadband for native connections
- Small flat design is portable and durable and articulating USB hinge accommodates a wide range of computer designs
- Eye-catching faceplate and informative LEDs light when in use
- No-CD plug and play installation--all software is stored on the device
- With microSD memory card slot, Lightning becomes a 2-in-1 device to store, backup and transfer data files
- Power saving features conserve laptop battery when your computer is in standby mode
- OS Support Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP; Mac OS X (version 10.4 or later)
The AT&T USBConnect Lightning weighs 1.6 ounces and measures 3.1 x 1.4 x 0.45 inches. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS). This device is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks (HSDPA) in foreign territories.
What's in the Box
AT&T USBConnect Lightning, USB extension cable and monitor clip, AT&T Communication Manager (preloaded on device), quick start guide