- Compact, 3G-enabled messaging phone in red with side-sliding QWERTY keyboard and quick access to social networking sites
- 3G speeds via Sprint Mobile Broadband Network; access to personal and corporate e-mail; compatible with Family Locator service
- 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos; Bluetooth for hands-free devices; microSD memory expansion; digital audio player
- Up to 5.8 hours of talk time; released in June, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
This mobile phone features a touch-screen display with a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard for simple text messaging and e-mailing from the palm of your hand. The 1.3MP digital camera with video record lets you capture special moments on the go.
The stylish, 3G-enabled Samsung Seek messaging phone for Sprint features a touchscreen, full QWERTY slide-out keyboard and customizable menu system, making it easy to keep in touch via messaging and e-mail wherever you roam. The Samsung Seek is also the first phone to feature recyclable packaging that allows you to easily repackage and mail used cell phones for recycling with the enclosed postage-paid mailing label and Seek box.
The compact Samsung Sleek provides quick shortcuts to popular social networking applications like Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
In addition to fast 3G speeds from Sprint's high-speed EV-DO network, you'll enjoy GPS navigation capabilities for accessing the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn direction service. You'll also be able to access all your personal e-mail as well as work e-mail and calendars from corporate servers via the Sprint Mobile Email Work and Email Work Calendar services (see more details on optional services below).
Other features include easy access to social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace, a 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos, Bluetooth for hands-free devices, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, mobile Web browser, digital music player, voice commands, and up to 5.8 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV-DO, Rev 0 network
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- Customizable menu system
- Instant access to social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
- 2.6-inch LCD screen (240 x 320 pixels)
- Side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard makes messaging a snap.
- Dedicated keys for quick access to popular applications
- 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos with digital zoom (no video capture capabilities). Shoot and share your digital photos instantly with Sprint Picture Mail (additional charges applicable).
- MP3 player
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset and hands-free car kits
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Threaded SMS text messaging allows you to see the full conversation for each contact in a chat-like interface. Never send a reply to the wrong person again. Organized conversations make it easy to go back and see the history of any conversation.
- Sprint Mobile Email provides simplified access to your favorite personal e-mail services including AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail --now with Google Calendar--and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail. Additionally, you can access many other e-mail providers through the software's support of POP3 and IMAP.
The side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard makes it easy to send messages as well as personal and work e-mail (see larger image).
- Access to instant messaging via popular IM services from AOL, Yahoo! and MSN. Use the same screen names and contact list features that you use on your PC, view which members are online or when someone joins, and Maintain multiple conversations and chat with groups.
- Mobile Web browser
- Speaker-independent voice dialing enables you to say the name of any entry in your phone book and the number is dialed automatically without using the keypad. This feature is speaker-independent, so there is no need to train the phone to respond to any one person's voice. Receive an audible status report of your phone/s coverage and signal strength.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Wireless Backup to manage contacts list in the event that the phone is lost, stolen or damaged
- Downloadable games and applications
- Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) with M4 rating
- TTY compatible
The Samsung Seek weighs 3.9 ounces and measures 4.1 x 2.1 x 0.6 inches. Its 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.8 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. 0 frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Seek handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Access Personal and Corporate E-mail: With Sprint Mobile Email, you'll get easy access to your favorite home e-mail services including AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail, and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail and more. Additionally, you can access many other e-mail providers through the software's support of POP3 & IMAP. And Sprint Mobile Email Work enables you to access e-mail from corporate servers, including Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 and Lotus Notes Domino versions 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0 (with the latest software update).
- Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar: Have instant access to your work calendar almost anywhere. The Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar tool lets you sync directly with your work calendar in Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes. Enjoy one-click access to your calendar, plus the ability to add new events and get reminders when they come up. The best way to stay connected virtually wherever you go.
- Sprint Family Locator: Locate family members anytime, anywhere from your phone or the Web without disturbing their activities. With Family Locator, you can locate your kids with interactive mapping, automatic Safety Check and a secure texting feature.