- Feature-packed messaging phone with slide-out QWERTY keyboard, threaded messaging display, colorful 2.1-inch display
- Access V CAST Music with Rhapsody service (subscription and PC downloads); GPS-enabled for turn-by-turn directions
- 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion to 16 GB; digital audio player; access to instant messaging and personal email
- Up to 5 hours of talk time, up to 300 hours (12.5 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick reference guide
SAMSUNG U4500 CDMA HANDSET GREY HIGH
A feature-packed phone that keeps you conveniently connected to family, friends and business associates, the Samsung Intensity for Verizon Wireless features a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard for easy text and mobile instant messaging as well as email connectivity. This phone includes an integrated GPS receiver, which enables you to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions. And it's compatible with the V Cast Music with Rhapsody service, which allows you to side-load music downloaded from Rhapsody on your PC to an optional microSD memory card. See more details on optional Verizon Wireless services below.
The The Samsung Intensity's advanced messaging functions help you connect to family, friends and anyone else your thumbs can get hold of.
Other features include a 1.3-megapixel camera for capturing still photos on the go, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, personal organizer tools, mobile Web browsing capabilities, bi-lingual interface (English and Spanish), and up to 5 hours of talk time.
- CDMA 1xRTT data network
- GPS navigation capabilities via VZ Navigator service
- 2.1-inch display with horizontal slide-out, four-row QWERTY keypad featuring dedicated Messaging key and Favorites key for easy texting and calling (Learn more)
- 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos with Night Shot, Self Timer, Multishot and Shutter Sound functions (Learn more)
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits (Learn more)
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB
- Digital audio player enables you to create and manage playlists right on the phone; compatible with MP3, WMA and unprotected AAC/AAC+ formats
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Full messaging capabilities including Mobile IM; Mobile Email; Chat; and text, picture, and voice messaging
- Organizer tools include calendar with scheduler, note pad, alarm clock, world clock, calculator (basic, tip and converter) and stop watch
- Voice commands including Voice Dial, Menu Readout, Digital Dial Readout, TXT Message Readout, Call Announcement, My Verizon, and Help
- Mobile Web browser for Internet access
- Media Center-capable for downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, and more
The Samsung Intensity weighs 3.53 ounces and measures 4.25 x 2.08 x 0.65 inches. Its 960 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 300 hours (12.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies and 1xRTT data frequency. Learn more about this phone's technical specifications below.
With a full slide–out QWERTY keyboard, this phone is a text messenger's dream.
- VZ Navigator Capable: With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps. Additional subscription charges applicable.
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody: Access this exclusive digital music service for RealNetworks and for MTV Networks, which delivers unlimited monthly access to music on up to three Rhapsody-compatible mobile phones and players and online on multiple PCs and Web browsers. For a monthly fee (billed on your Verizon Wireless bill), you can load and reload your subscription songs from your PC to your V CAST Music with Rhapsody phone as often as you want, and take your music on the go.
On PCs running the Windows XP or higher operating system, you can also browse, preview and purchase music using the V CAST Music with Rhapsody software, which is available as a free download from the V CAST Music with Rhapsody download website. Additional subscription charges applicable.
NOTE: Over-the-air downloads are not supported with this phone.
The Samsung Intensity has a 2.1-inch display (176 x 220-pixel resolution, 262K color depth) that sits above the phone's navigation area with send/end keys, two soft navigation keys, and a round navigation pad. The front of the face includes a standard alpha-numeric keypad that's great for quick text messaging as well as dialing numbers. A four-row full QWERTY keyboard slides out from the left side of the phone, enabling easier typing for longer messages.
The phone has a small internal memory that's expandable via optional microSD/microSDHC (High Capacity) memory cards up to 16 GB in size. The internal phonebook can store up to 1000 contacts with multiple numbers per entry as well as support for picture and ringer ID. Other calling features include embedded ringtones, vibrating alerts (with silent mode), speed dialing capabilities.
You'll be able to shoot still images wherever you roam with the Intensity's 1.3-megapixel camera on the back of the phone (no video capture capabilities included). You can choose from one of six resolution options (1280 x 960, 1024 x 768, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 160 x 120, and 128 x 96 pixels) as well as get closer to the action with up to a 10x digital zoom (available depending on resolution selection). Other features include a dedicated camera key, brightness and white balance (Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Tungsten, and Fluorescent) adjustments , color effects, multi-shot capabilities (Series, Divided), self-timer, and multiple sound effects.
In addition to the integrated hands-free speakerphone, this phone provides the latest version of Bluetooth connectivity--version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), which makes pairing with an optional headset as well as other Bluetooth-enabled devices a snap. It includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and phonebook access. And with the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones.
- TTY Compatible
- In Case of Emergency (ICE) contacts
- Hearing Aid Compatibility Rating = M4
- 2.5mm headset jack
- Over–the–air downloadable software upgrades
- Bilingual Interface: English/Español