- Rugged clamshell phone constructed from chrome, glass, mesh and rubber; meets military specifications for shock and dust resistance, vibration, and more
- Talk instantly to friends and colleagues using Verizon Wireless Push to Talk network; GPS-enabled for turn-by-turn directions; access V Cast Music (with Rhapsody) and Video services
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion to 16 GB; access to personal email and instant messaging services
- Up to 6.4 hours of talk time, up to 534 hours (22+ days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick start guide, user manual
The Motorola Barrage V860 is a durable CDMA phone with push-to-talk. This device meets military specifications for resistance to temperature, dust, radiation, blowing rain, shock and is waterproof when submerged up to 1 meter of water for 30 seconds. Other key features include GPS, Bluetooth compatibility, music player, voice dialing, email, MMS and SMS text messaging, and speakerphone. The Barrage is a 3G enabled device and supports multiple languages including Spanish.
Certified to withstand extreme temperatures, dust shock, and more, the Motorola Barrage for Verizon Wireless is built to military specifications (Mil-Spec 810F) and is designed to be submersible for up to 30 minutes in one meter of water. It's ideal for highly mobile and active users who want access to Verizon's always-on Push to Talk service. You'll stay on course thanks to the VZ Navigator GPS turn-by-turn direction service, and be able to track employees and colleagues with the Verizon Wireless Field Force Manager service. And using the Verizon Wireless 3G EV-DO data network, you can download music via the V Cast Music with Rhapsody service and watch streaming video with the V CAST Video on Demand service. See more details on optional Verizon Wireless services below.
The Motorola Barrage is constructed from chrome, glass, mesh and rubber--protecting it against blowing rain, humidity, solar radiation, high and low temperatures, blowing dust, salt fog, altitude, shock, vibration and transit drop.
The extremely durable Motorola Barrage includes a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder with video capture capabilities, and you can send snapped images of job sites, shopping trips or nightlife excursions via mobile email or MMS messaging. It's also compatible with text and popular instant messaging services. Other features include Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, memory expansion via optional microSD cards (up to 16 GB), voice commands, speakerphone, dual speakers, personal organizer tools, and up to 6.4 hours of talk time.
The Verizon Wireless Push to Talk service leverages EV-DO Rev. A technology, which provides customers with fast two-way, walkie talkie-style communication with one person or a group of people. In addition to the simplicity of one number, national coast-to-coast coverage and no hidden charges or fees, this service also offers Presence Information, which shows you who is "on" and available to receive a Push to Talk call.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- Meets or exceeds Military Specifications 810F standards for blowing rain, humidity, solar radiation, high and low temperature, blowing dust, salt fog, altitude, shock, vibration, and transit drop
- Push to Talk capability enables you to quickly connect with one or multiple team members at the same time with just a push of a button. Connect on the Verizon Wireless nationwide broadband network, and get expanded coverage across the United States within the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area.
- Place group calls: Hold conversations with as many as 50 total participants.
- Check team member status with Presence: See who is available for a Push to Talk call.
- Manage contacts for the entire company online: Add, delete and assign contacts, create groups and more.
- Use one number, one device: Make and receive voice calls without needing a second device or phone number.
- GPS navigation capabilities via VZ Navigator service
- Clamshell phone with internal 2.2-inch display (176 x 220 pixels, 262K color depth)
- External 1.66-inch color display displays current time, battery life, signal strength, and incoming calls. Also includes external music playback controls.
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder (Learn more)
- Digital audio player for MP3, WMA, and unprotected AAC/AAC+ formats. Sync music from your PC to the phone and create and manage playlists right on the device.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock. And with dial-up networking capabilities, you can access the Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband Connect service to use your phone as a modem. (Learn more)
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS, MMS, Mobile IM, and Mobile Email
- Voice command capabilities
- Dual speakers for high quality audio to cut through noise
- Organizer tools including calendar with scheduler, alarm, notepad, calculator, stopwatch, world clock
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Waterproof when submerged in up to one meter of water for up to 30 minutes
- Phone book with up to 1000 entries with multiple contacts
- 2.5mm headset jack
- Bilingual Interface: English/Español
- TTY compatible
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T3
The Motorola Barrage weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 3.78 x 2.09 x 0.96 inches. Its 1170 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.4 hours of talk time, and up to 534 hours (22+ days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
What's in the Box
Motorola Barrage handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick start guide, user manual
- VZ Navigator Capable: With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps.
- Family Locator: Securely locate your family members' locations from your Verizon Wireless device or the web. The locate feature provides you with the information you need to stay aware and stay in touch, including detailed location information and the address of your family members displayed on an interactive map and the option to receive turn-by-turn driving directions to your family member's location using VZ Navigator. You can also receive updates when your family members leave or arrive at locations that you define such as school, soccer practice or home, with monitored locations set up within a 1/4-, 1/2- or a 1-mile radius.
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody: Access this exclusive digital music service for RealNetworks and for MTV Networks, which delivers unlimited monthly access to music on up to three Rhapsody-compatible mobile phones and players and online on multiple PCs and Web browsers. For a monthly fee (billed on your Verizon Wireless bill), you can load and reload your subscription songs from your PC to your V CAST Music with Rhapsody phone as often as you want, and take your music on the go.
On PCs running the Windows XP or higher operating system, you can also browse, preview and purchase music using the V CAST Music with Rhapsody software, which is available as a free download from the V CAST Music with Rhapsody download website. Additional subscription charges applicable.
- V CAST Video on Demand: This optional service enables you to watch full-length TV shows plus news, sports, weather and live entertainment video clips. It features more than 100 full-length programs from leading broadcast and cable networks, ranging from highly-rated drama and comedy series to reality programs and children's programming. V CAST Video on Demand also delivers live sporting events, including NHL hockey games and an upcoming slate of college football games
The service offers unlimited viewing of Basic Videos and the ESPN MVP channel. You can choose from 14 categories, including Entertainment, Kids, Music, Sports, Comedy, News, Pop Culture, Information, Women, Latino, Home & Leisure, Multicultural, Cutting Edge, and Hollywood. Additional subscription charges applicable.
- Mobile Broadband Connect: Use your smartphone as a modem for your notebook when you connect the two using a USB cable--or open a Bluetooth connection--enabling you to access the Internet or your company intranet. The Mobile Broadband Connect tethered modem capability is ideal when you're traveling and need to use your notebook to check email, access corporate networks, or download large files like presentations and reports. And with Mobile Broadband Connect, you won't have to buy an extra PC Card or other devices.
- Field Force Manager: Combining a powerful Web-based application with a handset application, the Field Force Manager service provides visibility and control for all of your mobile workers. It's a turnkey wireless-solutions package that breaks new ground in resource tracking and management. It is composed of three solution modules:
- Location and Tracking uses rich, detailed mapping to show the location and location history of field workers; provides location information when users clock in and out; shows where they are when they accept and complete jobs; creates an audit trail to validate job information for customers; and generates turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Electronic Timecard gives employees an automated way to capture their time, and gives employers the ability to export this information into many current payroll systems for processing.
- Job Dispatch provides an automated way to manage customer service requests, dispatch field personnel, and track job progress through completion.
Snap photos and videos on the go with this phone's built-in still camera and video camcorder, which features:
- Resolution adjustment: 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, Picture ID
- Video capture and playback
- Dedicated camera/camcorder key
- Self timer: off, 3, 5, 10 seconds
- Brightness adjustment
- White balance: auto, sunny, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent, darkness
- Color effects: normal, antique, black and white, and negative