- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- M/A focus mode switch
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- 85mm Fixed Lens, Maximum Reproduction Ratio 0.12 x
To focus using autofocus with manual override (M/A): Slide the lens focus-mode switch to M/A. If desired, autofocus can be over-ridden by rotating the lens focus ring while the shutter-release button is pressed halfway (or, if the camera is equipped with an AF-ON button, while the AF-ON button is pressed). To refocus using autofocus, press the shutter-release button halfway or press the AF-ON button again.