|Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Sony NP-BX1, NP-BX1/M8
|Sony LCSCSJ Soft Carrying Case for Sony S, W, T, and N Series Digital Cameras
|Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Sony HX80 / HX90V - Crystal Clear
Get sharp detail up close with the world’s smallest and lightest 30x zoom camera. There's even a pop-up electronic viewfinder for eye-level framing and a 180 Degree tilt screen for 18.2MP selfies. Stunning picture quality comes from the low light Exmor R sensor and premium ZIESS lens with 5-axis image stabilization. Then share photos instantly with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC.
Most helpful customer reviews
204 of 211 people found the following review helpful.
One of the best 1/2.3 sensor point & shoot!
By S.C. Dallas
This is my fourth Sony product after my purchase of Sony a7s, RX100, and RX100III (wife's cam). I currently also have the Lumix GH4 as I like to take videos as much as photos. I bought the HX80 as a gift for my niece. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't quite need the prosumer 1" sensor point and shoot or who wants the extra zoom capabilities that the larger sensors can't pack in such a small form. I will work backwards and start with the cons then the pros.
* Smaller 1/2.3 sensor as opposed to 1" sensor (then again price is reflective of smaller sensor and the 1/2.3 sensor on the HX80 is back illuminated which makes it much nicer than other comparable sensors)
* No 4k video
* No manual zoom
* No touchscreen
* Pop up viewfinder
* Flash that's semi-tiltable
* Quick menu with 12 customizable functions
* Full PASM modes for manual and semi-manual controls plus full auto modes if that's the preference
* Monitor that tilts 180 degrees for selfies
* 30X zoom fantastic for travelers
* High quality XAVC S video format up to 50mbps at 24p, 30p, and 60p (requires SDXC memory cards)
* PASM modes all available for video
* Video manual mode has auto-iso option (not all cameras allow video auto-iso in manual; i.e. the much more expensive RX100 doesn't have this option)
* 5-AXIS image stabilizer works great
* WIFI/NFC included plus downloadable apps
There are many more features that I could go on about this neat little point and shoot, just check out the spec sheets. At this price level, especially for those that like to shoot both photos and videos, the Sony HX80 in my opinion is one of the best 1/2.3 sensor pocket cameras. I hope you find this review helpful!
59 of 61 people found the following review helpful.
I love the active viewfinder
I mostly use Canon Digital SLR cameras, but I needed a small camera for a trip abroad. I particularly like the active viewfinder. It works great in very bright sunlight. So far the camera has met my expectations.
30 of 30 people found the following review helpful.
By gail e. safford
Love love love this camera! I have a larger SONY (A6000) but enjoy the point and shoot of this one. Albeit a very nice point & shoot this camera is LOADED with capabilities and features. I love the pop up viewer, especially when the glare is high on the screen. GREAT purchase!