- Explore the planets and scan the heavens for bright deep-sky gems with the compact and low-cost Orion ShortTube 80mm refractor telescope
- An ideal refractor telescope package for the observer on-the-go, the compact Observer 80ST packs a lot of performance into a petite telescope design
- 80mm f/5.0 rich-field refractor telescope delivers sharp and bright wide-field views of the cosmos - great for exploring the Moon, wide views of bright planets and their closeby moons, star clusters, bright nebulas and galaxies
- The included EQ-1B equatorial mount and adjustable-height tripod allows smooth slow-motion movement to easily track objects in the sky
- Includes 90-degree star diagonal, two anti-reflection coated 1.25" Kellner telescope eyepieces, red-dot reflex sight and the Orion MoonMap 260
This short focal length refractor telescope gives wonderfully wide views of the night sky! You do not need a big, bulky telescope to enjoy backyard astronomy. Our potent little Orion Observer 80ST Equatorial Refractor Telescope proves otherwise. Compact and hassle free, it's easy to take outside and set up, and easy to bring in when you're done.
This versatile telescope's 80mm-aperture objective lens has a short focal length of 400mm (f/5), which makes the Observer 80ST extremely portable and compact. Thanks to the telescope's fast f/5 focal ratio, bright, wide-field views of the stars and deep-space objects are the Observer 80ST's forte!
Tracking celestial objects while viewing them in the Observer 80ST telescope is a cinch with the smooth and stable EQ-1B equatorial mount and tripod. The mount is equipped with dual slow motion controls for easy manual tracking of objects in the night sky.
The Observer 80ST refractor telescope comes with a reflex sight, 90-degree diagonal (1.25"), and 10mm and 25mm Kellner 1.25" telescope eyepieces with anti-reflection coating. This pint-sized refractor also includes the useful MoonMap 260 to help you identify interesting lunar features you can see in the telescope. A niftier grab-and-go scope you will not find!