- 236mm\9.312" SolarLite Filter for 203mm\8.00" instruments. This filter should fit the following models: Celestron and Meade 8" Schmidt Cassegrain and instruments of similar outer diameter. (Will not fit the Meade Light Switch 8" S/C due to the OTA arm). Part number S9187.
- Please read carefully: 236mm\9.312" is the diameter of the filter. The filter fits like a cap by friction. To be absolutely sure that the filter will fit, please measure the outer diameter of your instrument and make sure that it is not larger.
- SolarLite filters have the optical quality of the glass with the advantages of impregnated polymer (Thousand Oaks Optical Black Polymer). The sun will appear in a natural yellow-orange color when viewed through your telescope using this filter.
- This is a high quality product of Thousand Oaks Optical (Arizona), a manufacturer of safe solar filters for over 30 years. Words of the producer: "Stronger than any other solar film on the market. Safe for 15 years."
- WARNING: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE FILTER IS WELL ATTACHED TO THE TELESCOPE/BINOCULARS/CAMERA. IN CASE NECESSARY, USE STICKY TAPE TO SECURE IT. NEVER OBSERVE SUN WITHOUT A PROPERLY ATTACHED FILTER.
SOLARLITE Filters: NEW (Best Value) After years of R & D we have developed a new solar film that has the optical quality of the glass with the advantages of impregnated polymer (Thousand Oaks Optical Black Polymer). Will never develop pin holes or scratches that can let in light and ruin a filter. Other advantages: Light weight and does not require re-balancing tube assembly, will not break, consistent yellow-orange solar image, even density with any aperture, flat surface compared to other thin film filters that have wrinkles and creases. Will not tear or puncture. Stronger than any other solar film on the market. Also available in sheets. Guaranteed 15 years.