- A must-have for safe observation of the Sun through a 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope without damaging your eyes
- Full-aperture 10.56" inside-diameter filter fits snugly over the front of your telescope to block 99.999% of incoming sunlight
- Glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel
- Each Orion telescope solar filter is mounted in a foam-lined aluminum cell featuring three equidistant securing thumbscrews, 4x 1/16" thick adhesive foam tabs, and 4x 1/8" thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your telescope
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
Designed to fit snugly over the aperture of your telescope, these optical glass filters block 99.999% of incoming sunlight, allowing you to safely observe sunspots and solar granulation in the Sun's photosphere. The Sun appears in a natural, whitish color. The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel for a scratch-resistant surface. Each filter has three nylon thumbscrews to ensure a snug fit to the front of your telescope or binocular. The thumbscrews complement the press-fit foam lining inside the filter's durable aluminum cell to accommodate diameters up to 1/4" smaller than the nominal size. A tight press fit is still required for safe solar viewing. Lifetime limited warranty. CAUTION: Never look at the Sun, either directly or through a telescope, without a professionally made protective solar filter installed that completely covers the front of the instrument, or permanent eye damage could result.