- A must-have to safely observe the sun without damaging your eyes - optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope's aperture to block 99.9 percent of incoming sunlight
- Fits Orion StarBlast 4.5 and SkyQuest XT4.5 reflectors, AstroView 120 and 120ST refractors, StarMax and Apex 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes, and other models
- Filter inside diameter is 5.81 inch - fits telescope optical tubes with an outer diameter of 5.56 inch to 5.81 inch with included shim materials and securing thumbscrews
- Each Orion telescope solar filter is mounted in a foam-lined aluminum cell featuring three equidistant securing thumbscrews, 4x 1/16 inch thick adhesive foam tabs, and 4x 1/8 inch thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your telescope
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
Who said you have to be in the dark to do astronomy? Turning your telescope to the Sun is fun and educational. Watch the march of giant sunspots, the clouds of glowing vapor in the photosphere, and solar "granulation" detail. But be sure to protect your precious vision with a safe Orion solar filter! Looking at the Sun without one, even for an instant, can permanently damage your eyes. Superior to Mylar These full-aperture optical glass telescope filters deliver superb views of the Sun, without risk to your eyes. While more expensive than Mylar filters, Orion glass solar filters provide better contrast, a more natural yellow-orange color instead of blue, and their glass and aluminum construction is much more durable. They're ideal for photographing the Sun too! The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with an advanced nickel-chromium stainless steel alloy for a scratch-resistant surface. The filter passes only a fraction of the incoming light, rejecting harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation. Each Orion filter is mounted in an aluminum cell that slide-fits over the front of your telescope.