- This can be useful when viewing the sky in areas where there is alot of light pollution.
- A high quality eyepiece filter for reducing the brightness of the moon and improving contrast and surfacr detail.
- Reduces Glare and improves definition so you can see the moons features much more clearly.
- The Skyglow filter absorbs more light at longer wavelengths and therefore increases viewing contrast.
- 1.25- inch Moon and Skyglow Filter is Skyglow is a multi-bandpass filter transmitting a high percentage of light in the visual spectrum.
The Moon & Skyglow is a multi-bandpass filter transmitting a high percentage of light in the visual spectrum. The filter enhances contrast when observing brighter objects including the moon and planets. It also will suppress sky glow from artificial lighting and background glow reflected when the Moon is up. The filter has a mild effect of darkening the background of the night sky so that the fainter objects are more clearly seen contrasted against the blackness of space. The filter will fit all standard sized 1.25"" eyepieces and accessories. It is mounted in a nicely anodized housing and is threaded on both sides for stacking with other filters if necessary.