- WORLDS MOST COLOR NEUTRAL POLARIZER, GUARANTEED: A perfectly flat transmission curve would yield a perfectly color neutral result, and while there is no such thing as a perfectly neutral CPL filter (contrary to what other filter makers may claim) the X4 CPL is the most color neutral any CPL filter, guaranteed.
- WORLDS MOST ADVANCED POLARIZER: All commercially available CPL filters exhibit a yellow cast due to a gradual transmission increase starting around 600nm and then spiking at 650nm onward into IR. With our X4 CPL film we achieved a gradual transmission decrease from 600nm onward, and instead of spiking uncontrollably near 650nm and far into infrared, the X4 CPL sees very controlled transmission into IR, without the curve spike. Result: Warm and lively images without the apparent colorcast.
- X4 CPL (CIRCULAR POLARIZER) FILTER: The X4 CPL features SCHOTT Superwhite B270 optical glass, which is an ultra clear crown glass. It is produced by melting high purity raw materials and then made using the continuous draw process. The result is excellent transmission in the ultraviolet, visible, and infrared spectrums, and a high surface quality that accepts our state-of-the-art MRC and nanotec coatings exceptionally well.
- FITMENT: This CPL filter is compatible with all 77mm camera lenses. Your lens thread size will be printed underneath your lens cap or written somewhere on the lens barrel. Make sure you order the correct size otherwise it will not fit your lens.
- 25 YEARS SUPPORT: We stand behind every CPL filter we make with our 25 Year Ironclad Guarantee. Every X4 CPL filter has a unique serial number laser engraved onto the interior frame. When you activate your 25 Year Ironclad Guarantee, we assign this serial number to you, so any future discussions on this unique filter are tracked, issues recorded and all that stuff which goes into future product design.
The moment you use the X4 CPL, you know you've never used anything like it. Featuring our all-new American made CPL film and an all-new brass traction frame features best-in-class design and durability.
Our all-new and internally developed CPL film is at the core of the X4 CPL, and we manufacture it right here in California. To achieve the worlds most color neutral performance, we had to develop a unique approach to manufacturing rather than selecting off-the-shelf CPL film common among filter manufacturers, which is designed and intended for LCD panels, not photographic optics.
Low light transmission and green flaring are common problems with uncoated glass. As MRC coatings are added to each side of the optical disk light transmission steadily increases with flaring steadily decreasing. In our lab tests light transmission apexes at about 16-layers of MRC, and slowly decreasing in transmission at 18 and above. 8-layers of MRC are applied evenly to both sides of each optical disk resulting in MRC16. Benefits:
- Our X4 CPL to perform with optimal optical clarity and color neutrality for 25 years even in the harshest of conditions.
- Our X4 CPL is designed specifically as a workhorse CPL for field work, built to withstand extreme wind, salt water and dust.
- 25 years support
- SCHOTT Superwhite B270 optical glass made in Germany
- Nano coating layer technology, called nanotec
- Transmission Curve design
25 Year Guarantee
- 1 x 77mm X4 CPL Filter
- Plastic Storage Case
- Lens Cloth
We stand behind all our products 100%. Each and every filter is guaranteed to be free of craftsmanship defects for a period of 25 years.
- USA-based customer service
- phone support
- email support
- live chat support