- Eight Clarett Mic Pres - lots of gain, low noise and distortion, extra headroom for instruments - 'Air' effect switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre - dedicated phantom power, phase reverse, and high pass filters on every channel
- Exceptionally low latency over Thunderbolt - record and monitor with DAW plug-ins in real-time; precision digital 24/192 conversion and up to 119dB dynamic range - front panel metering, accessible monitoring
- Exceptional I/O capability - 26-in/28-out in a 2U rack space, featuring S/PDIF, ADAT I/O, MIDI I/O, and word clock I/O - dual headphone outputs
- Included software - Focusrite Control software mixer, Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument via download, monthly software plug-in offers from Focusrite's Plug-In Collective via download
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch; Mac compatible, offering stable, reliable operation and Windows compatibility in beta; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
Designed primarily for permanent studio installation, Focusrite’s Clarett 8PreX Thunderbolt audio interface offers an impressive 26 inputs and 28 outputs, including eight analog inputs, 10 analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and 16 channels of ADAT I/O for the connection of addition inputs and outputs such as a multichannel digital mic pre or an external D/A for additional line outputs. The 2U rack-mount unit combines eight Clarett mic preamps with class-leading dynamic range conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latency - so low that plugins can be used, in real time while monitoring recordings through the DAW. The Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the switchable Air effect that models the sound of Focusrite’s ISA transformer-based preamps. It also features gain controls with a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise. The Clarett 8PreX includes class-leading precision Focusrite DAC with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) real-world dynamic range. A central metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analog and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a large-diameter monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons. The two independently controlled headphone outputs on the front panel have enough level to drive even high impedance headphones providing suitable monitoring levels. The intuitive Focusrite Control software mixer is easily configured for monitoring and routing setups. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware. Word Clock I/O is provided, allowing the Clarett 8PreX to either provide the master clock for the system or to be clocked from an external master digital device. Download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes created with the Focusrite Control desktop app remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Please note: The Clarett 8PreX requires a Thunderbolt enabled PC with Windows 8.1 or higher or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or higher. Thunderbolt cable not included.