- Two Clarett Mic Pres - lots of gain, low noise and distortion, extra headroom for instruments - 'Air' effect switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre with dedicated phantom power on each channel
- Exceptionally low latency over Thunderbolt - record and monitor with DAW plug-ins in real-time; precision digital 24/192 conversion and up to 119dB dynamic range - front panel metering, accessible monitoring including level control as well as dim and mute buttons
- 10-in/4-out, featuring 2 front-panel multi-function inputs, 4 rear-panel line outputs, 8 channels of ADAT digital input, MIDI I/O, and headphone output
- Included software - Focusrite Control software mixer, Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument via download upon purchase and registration, monthly software plug-in offers from Focusrite's Plug-In Collective via download upon purchase and registration
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch; Mac compatible, offering stable, reliable operation and Windows compatibility in beta; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
With ten inputs and four outputs, Focusrite's Clarett 2Pre Thunderbolt interface is ideal for the discerning Singer Songwriter. It includes two newly designed Claret mic preamps accessed direct from the front panel, plus class-leading digital conversion and low round-trip latency. The new Clarett mic pre offers very low noise (EIN -128) and distortion, and also includes the switchable "Air" effect that models the sound of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. It also features gain controls with a special law that makes changes smoother and more natural. Featuring the latest in Focusrite precision digital conversion, Clarett 2Pre's 192kHz/24-bit converters deliver up to 118dB (A/D from mic pre) / 119dB (D/A line out) real-world dynamic range. The two primary inputs are on the front panel in the form of mic/instrument/line combo XLR/TRS sockets and feature the newly designed Clarett mic preamps; in addition, an ADAT optical input can be used to expand the 2Pre's input capability with eight additional digital channels. The instrument-level inputs are designed with exceptional headroom, to accept the highest output pickup without distortion. Clarett 2Pre includes Focusrite's signature "Gain Haloes" surrounding the gain controls which indicate a simple go/no-go indication of level. A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is included for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 and Red 3 AAX, AU and VST Plug-in Suite, which models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware. Download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes created with the Focusrite Control desktop app remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Please note: the Clarett 2Pre requires a Thunderbolt enabled PC with Windows 8.1 or higher or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or higher. Thunderbolt cable not included.