- Provides compatible Windows Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C systems with up to three additional displays via 1x HDMI 1.4 & 2x DisplayPort++ ports, and up to 60W of charging power. Utilizes cutting edge USB 3.1 technologies in conjunction with the latest features of our UD-6950 dock
- NOT macOS COMPATIBLE (10.13.4 version and later). UD-ULTC4K is compatibile with specific Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C Windows systems such as the Microsoft Surface Book 2, Dell XPS 9350 / 9360 / 9370 / 9550 / 9560, Lenovo Yoga 720 13" & Carbon X1 5th/6th Gen, most 13" HP Spectre x360 models
- HDMI and DisplayPort use different connectors and cables. Conversion of DisplayPort ports to other types is supported, but requires adapters, sold separately. Requires compatible USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 system; not compatible with legacy USB 3.0 systems. USB-C charging and Alternate Mode ("Alt Mode") video output not supported on all USB-C systems. For most current compatibility chart see Specification Sheet PDF below.
- DisplayPort++ video outputs and Gigabit Ethernet via DisplayLink DL-6950. "Alt Mode" HDMI port supports up to 3840x2160 4K@30Hz; DisplayLink DisplayPort++ outputs support up to 4K@60Hz. Gaming and HDCP playback not supported
- We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1 year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
NOT macOS COMPATIBLE (10.13.4 version and later). The Plugable UD-ULTC4K USB-C Docking Station provides up to three additional display outputs via a combination of USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode ("Alt Mode") and DisplayLink USB graphics. Up to 60W via USB-C Power Delivery ("PD") to charge your host computer, Gigabit Ethernet, audio, and expanded USB device connectivity. All through a single USB-C cable.
See important notes regarding Alt Mode and PD compatibility below.Graphics Performance
Main HDMI port utilizes USB-C Alt Mode, a direct "pipeline" to the host graphics processor (GPU). Connected monitor will perform as if natively attached. The 2nd-3rd outputs are powered by DisplayLink DL-6950 which leverages the host GPU+CPU. Not recommended for gaming.Alt Mode and PD Compatibility
The included power supply can charge compatible host systems with up to 60 watts of PD power, & charging speed is host dependent.DisplayLink Graphics Compatibility
Windows drivers be installed by Windows Update (with existing Internet connection) or downloaded from plugable.com.
DisplayLink graphics require Intel / AMD / NVIDIA GPU & driver. USB graphics require dual-core 2GHz+ CPU.
Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and drivers (e.g. MCT, j5, etc). HDCP/Blu-ray playback not supported.Incompatible Systems
NOT macOS COMPATIBLE (10.13.4 version and later). Most current phones & tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output. ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode at this time.In the Box
UD-ULTC4K dock with stand, 1m USB-C cable, and 100W (20V, 5A) power adapter with US power plug