Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter (Super Slim, Heavy Duty) iVanky Nylon Braided Mini DisplayPort/Mini DP to HDMI Adapter for MacBook Air/Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro, Monitor, Projector and More - Grey
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by iVanky
|Mini DP to VGA, Rankie Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt Port Compatible) to VGA Male to Female Adapter Converter (Black) - R1132
|AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable - 6 Feet
|Microsoft Surface VGA Adapter
Compatible With (Incomplete List):
iVanky Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter is compatible with all laptops having a Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt).
• MacBook Air, MacBook Pro (before 2016), iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro
• Microsoft Surface Pro/Pro 2/Pro 3/Pro 4, Surface 3 (NOT Surface/Surface 2), Surface Book
• Lenovo ThinkPad X1, X1 Carbon, Helix, X230, L430, L530, T430s, T430, T530, W530
• Satellite Pro S500, Tecra M11, A11, and S11
• HP Envy 14, 17
• Dell XPS 13, 14, 15, 17
• Not compatible with Thunderbolt 3.
• As for audio, go into System Preferences --> Sound --> Output. There should be an option to change the audio output from your laptop to TV or other devices.
High-Definition Video and Audio:
This cable utilizes the latest Mini DisplayPort specifications to achieve the highest transmission rate, being capable of supporting HD resolutions.
Up to 1080p@60Hz, HDCP, 36-bit Deep Color, 3D and uncompressed/compressed audio formats are some of the newest HDMI features supported on this cable.
Transmits HD audio signals for an all-in-one A/V solution.
Outstanding & Unique Design:
• Slimline design and lightweight aluminum casing provide greater portability and convenience.
• Compared with TPE material, nylon fiber has the feature of anti-aging, anti-twisting, moisture protection and abrasive resistance.
• The Mini DisplayPort connector is made of pure copper and gold plated, resisting corrosion, providing extraordinary durability and improving signal transmission.
The iVanky® Advantage:
• Unconditional Lifetime Warranty. All costs covered during your Lifetime Replacement process.
• Fast and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems within 24 hours. If you come across any problem, contact us to get friendly and efficient support from iVanky.
Most helpful customer reviews
24 of 24 people found the following review helpful.
By Will Minkoff
They feel like great quality over the big and clunky white amazon basics offering.
17 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
Don't waste your money on a more expensive mini display-port adapter. This one has excellent quality and gets the job done!
I recently picked up a used Surface Pro 4 that came with a nice docking station to use as my main computer at my home office. The Surface Pro 4 is an amazing device, but it is lacking in the HDMI department (like the Macbook Pro), so a display adapter is necessary if I want to be able to utilize my 32" TV as a monitor. This adapter from iVanky is significantly cheaper than any option I could find at a brick and mortar store, and it works perfectly! Here are my thoughts after using the cable for a couple of weeks now:
1) The nylon braided cable is nicer than the cable that I got with my Surface Pro 3 that was actually from Microsoft. According to iVanky it can withstand 10,000+ bends, which it won't come close to for me because my Surface Pro 4 is used as my home office computer and never really leaves my house.
2) It allows me to connect my Surface Pro to my 32" TV so that I can utilize two screens and I don't have to rely on the small screen of the Surface Pro to do all of my work.
1) It supports up to 1080P resolution, so it's not future proof. Honestly this is an extremely minor con since 4K video is still pretty rare, and streaming 4K video would barely be possible for me with my internet speeds.
Bottom Line: Don't waste your money on a more expensive mini display-port adapter. This one has excellent quality and gets the job done!
18 of 19 people found the following review helpful.
Received my Nylon Braided iVanky Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter this morning. Looks and feels like a premium quality product. People complaining that it doesn't support audio, you need to go to system preferences>sound>then swap from your laptop/desktop inbuilt speakers to your tv's speakers, once you unplug the cable it will switch back to your inbuilt speakers. Also similarly for visuals, go to display in system preferences to switch between being mirrored or a second monitor.
Unusual to have an unconditional Lifetime warranty in any product but speaks volumes for the confidence of the manufacturer iVanky. It is lighter than my previous adapter so I think it should last much longer with nylon braided. The resolution and colors all come out much better than my previous adapter. Definitely worth a buy.