|ArmorSuit - Galaxy S8 MilitaryShield Lifetime Replacements [Case Friendly] Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S8
|Spigen Liquid Crystal Galaxy S8 Case with Slim Protection and Premium Clarity for Samsung Galaxy S8 (2017) - Crystal Clear
|Galaxy S8 Screen Protector [2-Pack], iTURBOS Full Screen Coverage 3D PET HD Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy S8
amsung Gear VR transforms virtual reality with a new handheld controller that seamlessly responds to organic, human movements in virtual experiences. Every move, from turning and grabbing to pointing and lifting, is naturally connected from physical to virtual, making it more intuitive and spellbinding than ever before. Flying through the Alps, watching a film with a far-off friend, experiencing a festival across the globe, and employing the superpowers of your game’s character—your world just got infinitely bigger
Most helpful customer reviews
119 of 129 people found the following review helpful.
It's a nice geeky device, but still, there is a room for improvements
By Tech Insider
I received this VR with a pre-order of my Samsung Galaxy S8+.
1) Should you upgrade your Gear VR if you have 2016 model?
- No. Samsung stayed faithful to the design of their previous model of VR and there are no radical changes. It's all plastic design, still a bit bulky, as for me.
2) Should you upgrade your Gear VR if you have 2015 model?
- Yes. It's more comfortable, it has a wider field of view, it has a better touchpad, it supports new Samsung phones and overall it has more sense of immersion.
3) What do I think about the new controller?
- I love the new controller, it's a game changer for gear VR not only for the game but also for navigation through the main Iances. It's much easier and comfortable to just use a controller instead of trying to sweat the touchpad on your head. It's definitely worth the money and you should get it if you want to step up the game. And regarding the game and gear just try to drop that with this new controller, you will understand how powerful this little
piece of technology can be. It's a 10 out of 10 product and this is a must have companion for gear VR users.
4)Do I prefer a new gear VR to the Google Daydream?
- Yes, it is an overall better experience, considering the available apps, the controller the headset and the level of comfort.
5) How do I compare gear VR with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PS VR?
- There isn't anything to compare - you can't compare mobile VR to a PC-based or constant-base VR. It's like apples and oranges. The PC based VR or console based VR headsets are built for gaming and they use the power of a PC or console to operate. They are much more expensive.
VR in 2017 is still a raw product and if it wasn't a free pre-order gift, I would probably not buy it. There is still a few games and apps, phones should have at least 4K screen (I can see pixels now). And the whole device looks a bit bulky. I can watch 360 videos in it, and this is the pleasure. But I get a bit nauseous after 15 minutes. It's a nice geeky device, but still, there is a room for improvements.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Great gadget to immerse yourself in a virtual world without leaving your home....lol...
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Can't charge it while in the headset. You have ...
Can't charge it while in the headset. You have to open movies outside of the headset, in the samsung vr app, and then put it back in the headset in order to stream the movie. They controller connectivity was inconsistent.
Screen door effect still very noticeable on S8and S8+.