|Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch
|Splatoon 2 - Nintendo Switch
|Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch
Introducing Nintendo Switch, the new home video game system from Nintendo. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system can be taken on the go so players can enjoy a full home console experience anytime, anywhere. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system, with unprecedented new play styles brought to life by the two new Joy-Con controllers.
Home Gaming System
At home the main unit rests in the Nintendo Switch dock, which connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room.
Lift Nintendo Switch from the dock and instantly transition to handheld mode for on-the-go gaming. By sharing Joy-Con, players can go head-to-head while away from home. You can also enjoy the same great games in tabletop mode by using the included stand to prop the system up.
New Play Styles
Remove the detachable Joy-Con from either side of Nintendo Switch for more play styles:
Bring together up to 8 Nintendo Switch systems for local face-to-face multiplayer.
Most helpful customer reviews
665 of 722 people found the following review helpful.
Fantastic concept and execution, its becoming even better with maturity.
By KF Mush
UPDATE: Without spending too much time back-treading over my review, I’m changing my review to 5 stars (from 4) for the following reasons:
1) the screen has never gotten a scratch after hundreds of hours of use. Even with some fairly casual handling a couple of drops. Not a scratch. Maybe I’m lucky, but IMO, the plastic seems sufficiently durable.
2) The joy-con connectivity problem is well-sorted at this point.
3) Online play is cheap enough to not be a bother ($20/year) and I can’t make judgments until it goes live.
4) I don’t know if I’d call this console “cheap” anymore. For its price point, it is extremely sturdy and well-made.
5) The library is growing fast, with great content. A good library is an important point for a console.
6) Most importantly: It is my all-time favorite gaming system. I’m a Nintendo fan, for sure, but I’ve been primarily a PC gamer for the past few years. I hardly play PC games much right now.
45 of 48 people found the following review helpful.
Absolutely amazing! Love the crap outta this thing! The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars is because my unit was apparently affected by the early production run issues where the left Joycon loses connectivity between the unit while it is docked with the TV. I guess one of these days I'll get around to calling Nintendo to see about replacing the left Joycon...but for now...1: it's too much fun and I can't bear to be without a Joycon for 1-2 weeks, and 2: I have been mostly playing in handheld mode anyway so I don't notice the problem in that setup.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
A pretty neat system
A pretty neat system. Just doesn't have a great selection of games at the moment. Also, Nintendo's low emphasis on online features is frustrating. I'm interested to see where its going from here. Also, I'm paranoid sometimes of the tablet screen being scratched by the cradle in sits in. Outside of these nags, system works great and the games that are out tend to be amazing (Zelda: Breath of wild)