Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable 6 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by Cable Matters
|ASUS VE248Q 24" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms DisplayPort HDMI VGA Monitor
|ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor
|Cable Matters Gold Plated DVI-D Dual Link Cable with Ferrites 6 Feet
The Cable Matters Gold-Plated DisplayPort cable is an indispensable companion for your laptop or desktop equipped with DisplayPort. Extend your desktop to a second monitor for an expanded workstation, or show presentations on a projector at school or work with this cable. The combination of gold-plated connectors, bare copper conductors, and foil & braid shielding provides superior cable performance and guarantees exceptional picture quality and authentic sound.
- Input: DisplayPort Male
- Output: DisplayPort Male
- Depress the button on the DisplayPort connector to release the latches and avoid damage when unplugging
- Supports resolutions up to 4Kx2K, including 3840x2160, 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 1920x1200, 1080p and etc.
- DisplayPort 1.2 Compatible
Limited Lifetime Warranty and Product Support
Most helpful customer reviews
103 of 110 people found the following review helpful.
Great Cable Perfect for 4K@60Hz -
This cable does let you do 4K Resolution at 60 hz. None of the other reviews specifically stated this so I wanted to put my comments and review here. Your video card needs to support 4K and be able to do 60Hz along with your Monitor. So check your Monitor specs and Video card specs to see if it supports 4K.
one other note I want to add is that as soon as I plugged it in, the monitor would not do the 60Hz! It was doing Full 4K at 30 Hz which made the mouse slow and "laggy"
Go into your Monitor Settings from pressing those convoluded buttons on the monitor and find out where to set it to DisplayPort 1.2 then it will work.
so a recap to get full HD 4K at 60Hz
1. Your monitor needs to Support 4K @ 60 hertz - With DisplayPort 1.2
2. Your Video Card needs to be powerful and support 4K Video @ 60 Hertz
3. You need to use DisplayPort Cable to connect Monitor to Computer(Video Card)
4. You need to set your Monitor to use DisplayPort 1.2 (It not set by default, you need to find it and change it to get 60 Hertz) - This one is what was catching me till I found out about DisplayPort 1.2 - http://www.geek.com/chips/displayport-1-2-enables-full-4k-x-2k-resolution-3d-stereo-beyond-full-hd-and-more-1057322/
Hope that helps
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
Quality it, exceptional customer service
By Tony Viveiros
Original order of both cables apparently came from a defective batch. After posting about this, Cable Matters Customer service was VERY QUICK to contact me and send me out two working cables.
The new Cables work as expected at a fraction of the cost. They are not fancy shmancy cables but couple with the customer service i experienced, I think this deserves five stars and will consider Cable Matters brands again!
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
DisplayPort Easy Connection and Good Quality
Bought several sets of these for dual monitor set-ups at work. Haven't failed us yet in over 2 years of use. Inexpensive compared to other vendors for those that might use Staples or other business accounts. Well worth it if you've got DisplayPort PC and monitor hook ups. Works like HDMI with audio. Would be great for a single monitor setup as well. The cables are thick and durable.
I actually prefer these to HDMI connections since they lock on instead of just plug in. HDMI tends to weigh down on some connections since they don't have that locked in fitting.