Apple MacBook Air 13.3-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i5 1.6GHz, 128GB Flash, 8GB RAM, OS X El Capitan)
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by SaturnTech
|Apple Magic Mouse 2 (MLA02LL/A)
|Tomtoc Drop-proof Laptop Sleeve for 13 - 13.3 Inch MacBook Air | MacBook Pro Retina Late 2012 - Early 2016 | 12.9 Inch iPad Pro, 360° Protective Chromebook Tablet Case, Spill-Resistant, Gray
|iDOO Matte Rubber Coated Soft Touch Plastic Hard Case for MacBook Air 13 inch Model A1369 and A1466 White Marble
Most helpful customer reviews
168 of 168 people found the following review helpful.
Legit! Love it!
By Amazon Customer
Today is July 8th, 2017 and my Macbook shipment came on the 16th of June (Right on time btw)]
I have had my eyes on a Macbook for the longest time now but that pricing at Best Buy (no different than the Apple Store) was just too much for a 13" & on top of that, there's the tax! I hadn't even thought about buying it online but it hit me one day to look on Amazon and I am SO glad that I did. The pricing for the exact same product here in store (and without tax!) is CHEAPER. I saved SO much money buying this Macbook here on Amazon and I do NOT regret this purchase one bit! I DID think about it a lot and read every last review and looked at all the product pictures (which were all good) and I'm glad to say that I also got a BRAND NEW PACKAGED BY APPLE MACBOOK AIR 13.3 INCH LAPTOP! It was sealed shut in the original Apple packaging brand new! Everything is running smoothly, no problems whatsoever (though I am VERY nervous of leaving a scratch or something on it so I bought a rubberized case & carrying case to keep it safe & looking new!)
NOW, though the product title DOES say that it comes preinstalled with EL CAPTAIN (or whatever), mine already came with the SIERRA update. It had Sierra Version 10.12.3 and in the app store, you can update it (FOR FREE) with the May 2017 recent Sierra 10.12.5 update! IF yours comes in with EL CAPTAIN, you can update it FOR FREE to the 2017 Sierra update - do not worry! Lol.
Now I don't see any CONS to this laptop (for ME anyway) but here are my PROS:
- Editing is smooth
-Battery life is AMAZING. It also charges fast!
- Love the simplicity off this laptop!
-Everything runs smooth and is simple to access (unless you're coming from windows,etc)
- The design
- The backlight on the keyboard & apple on back
- The screen (which a lot of people complain about but there's nothing wrong with it? Pst picky people!)
- Loading screens are quick
- Love how it connects to my phone and i can facetime and imessage
- Size is perfect
- Love how slim and thin it is though I'm sometimes afraid I might drop it lol
- Usb ports/sd card slot (This laptop will forever be Apples BEST laptop. Why did they take basically ALL of the ports off of the Pro's?)
- Light gaming runs VERY well (for hours) with no problems or restarting & resolution is perfect (I play Sims 4)
- There's enough space
- Continues to get the latest updates
- Magnetic charger (also love how the charger light indicates if it's charged or not)
Anyways, there's A LOT that I love about this laptop. I recommend this laptop to anyone who is looking for one! Thanks Apple!
154 of 158 people found the following review helpful.
- Easy to learn and navigate
I am a current grad student. I ordered this for school purposes. I have used mac products before and I am impressed with this one. I am not a computer guru, but I know my way around both mac and windows.
-Brilliant display. It's very bright. The keyboard is lit so that helps with late night homework.
- Easy to learn and navigate. Even with non-apple products. I downloaded word and it works great on this mac, as does PowerPoint.
- Lightweight. This thing is so easy to carry. In my undergrad I had a traditional laptop, and it was so heavy to carry on campus. I have this one in a small sleeve and it is very easy to transport back and forth.
- Quiet - this thing does not make a lot of noise when typing. The key stroke isn't as deep, so the click isn't as loud, which is nice when you're in class taking notes.
- Excellent sound system - its speakers are clear and LOUD. Great for when you just have to have an impromptu dance party while making dinner with your kids :)
- Good battery life - I use this thing daily, and have to charge it about once a week, maybe twice a week depending on how much late night surfing I'm doing.
- Fast - it has great processing time. I'm constantly taking pictures on my phone and airdropping them to the MacBook Air (what can I say, my cloud is already full!). It takes literally seconds for this thing to download 35+ pictures.
- it has a USB port still. The newer MacBook Pro does not, which would drive me nuts!
I will say it can be a bit cumbersome to use the pad. I like a traditional mouse better, but this is easily resolved by attaching a wireless mouse (which I have for this computer - thank you USB port!)
It doesn't have a CD drive (bummer for watching dvds/playing cds)
Overall I'd say the quality is very good. As a student I am happy with the feautures and the fact that it is so easy to carry around with me.
83 of 87 people found the following review helpful.
Tried and True MacBook with the necessary ports
I have had hands on this MacBook Air now for less than 24 hours and it is exactly what I expected, Fantastic!
This new MacBook Air was in fact made in early 2015. It is brand new and came factory sealed and arrived in perfect condition as one would expect. The machine came as advertized with the correct amount of RAM and Storage, Software, Ports, Etc. The OS is Sierra but did require an update to the most current OS as did iTunes.
I purchased this computer to use along side my 2010 MacBook Pro that has worked faithfully since new. I am not happy with the new MacBook Pro, as Apple has for some crazy reason, decided to remove ports like USB and SD Card Slots. The real deal killer, besides the ridiculous cost of the new Pro is that it has no "Magnetic" Charger cable port, this is one of the things that brought me to a MacBook in the first place. I had so much trouble with all of my past Windows (garbage) laptops and the charger plug ports wearing out, making the computer useless. Now Apple is going to that style of charging port and I will never buy one.
This MacBook Air has the tried and true Magnetic Charging Port, two USB Ports, and an SD Card Slot, that is why I purchased it, before the Current Idiots at Apple decide to take them away and my only choice will be a used MacBook in order to get what I want without having to buy a bag full of expensive Adaptors.
I feel like buying another one and keeping it in the box until some future date when I need it.
I highly recommend this MacBook Air.