AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI Sports Action Camera Ultra HD Waterproof DV Camcorder 12MP 170 Degree Wide Angle 2 inch LCD Screen/2.4G Remote Control/2 Rechargeable Batteries/19 Mounting Kits-Silver
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by Pro-wholesale
|TEKCAM Action Camera Accessories Kits Bundle for Gopro/ Lightdow LD4000 LD6000/DBPOWER/APEMAN/AKASO EK7000 4K 1080P Waterproof Sports Action Camera Included Car Suction Cup Floating Mount and Tripod
|Luxebell Outdoor Sports Accessories Kit for Gopro Hero 5 Session Hero 4/3+/3+2 Sjcam Sj4000 Sj5000 Sj6000 DBPOWER 12MP/EX5000 14MP (30-in-1)
|Luxebell Accessories Kit for Gopro Hero 5 4 3+ 3 2 1, AKASO EK7000 4K DBPOWER EX5000 WiMiUS Campark Lightdow VicTsing Aokon (13-in-1)
The APP have been updated as iSmart DV. Please download it from Apple Store or Google Play. It's the same to connect as stated in the manual
Professional Video QualityAKASO EK7000 features ultra HD 4K video recording. You can capture stunning 4K 25fps/2.7K 30fps/1080P 60fps video
Fast, Powerful Photo CaptureWith 12MP Burst photos at a blistering 30 frames per second, AKASO EK7000 Camera helps you capture the moments
Control, View and Instantly Share with Built-in WiFiBe able to captures the 170 degree wide angle perspective, AKASO EK7000 features built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to connect
Shift Your Action As You LikeUse the remote control of the camera to choose the mode you prefer as you recording. You can shift from video to photo, burst photo
Note: Micro SD Card of Class 10 is Highly Recommended for 4K Action Camera. AKASO EK7000 Action Camera Can add up to 64GB Micro SD Card If The camcorder suddenly switches off. The possible causes are: The Auto Power Off function is activated. The battery in the camcorder is empty. Solution: Switch the device on again. Change the battery.
What's in the Box:1x AKASO EK7000 Camera
Most helpful customer reviews
1547 of 1585 people found the following review helpful.
If you're a fellow stupid American, read this.
I'd say the camera itself get 3.5/5, but the insanely low cost gets it bonus points. There are some great things this camera can do and, considering it's the exact size of a GoPro, you can use a slew of attachments without having to worry about where they're coming from. People have talked about the positives here so I wanted to point out a few common-sense problems that don't have easily accessed solutions on Google.
1. This camera won't take videos longer than 10 minutes without rewriting the code it uses. For the average user, this means that any video you want to take will be 'split' every ten minutes and you'll need to use some simple computer editors to stitch them together to have a movie-length video. You do not need to restart the video every ten minutes - you can just press 'record' once and it'll shoot continuously for as long as your battery/memory cards allow, but the videos will be in 1.72GB 10 minutes files when you upload them on your computer. While I'd like the option to turn this off, this is way less of a problem than I originally thought it would be. Considering your battery and memory card won't let you record for much longer than 70ish minutes at 1080/60 anyway, this nicely packages your videos to use later. Plus, it has the added bonus of saving your videos every ten minutes - if you were shooting a continuous video and your battery died, you risk losing the entire video if the camera didn't have a feature built in to prevent this. **EDIT**: though I haven't tried this because I don't want to lose what I have on my memory card, it may be possible to get videos longer than 10 minutes if you use the 'format memory card' option in the menu. Only try this if your card is completely empty as formatting it will delete any pictures or video on there. Will update once I try it!
2. This camera comes billed as a camera with WiFi, but the better word for most Americans to comprehend would be bluetooth. It connects through your phone's app on a WiFi network, but it does this by substituting your phone's WiFi network to bridge the camera. This means that you can't use WiFi on your phone if the two are connected, so it more or less operates like something that uses bluetooth. The distinction may mean nothing to you but it helps me better understand the feature if I look at it as bluetooth instead of WiFi. The phone app is functional enough and lets you set some very simple settings through it, but it's mostly useful if you have the camera mounted to a helmet where you otherwise wouldn't be able to see the camera's LCD screen. Your phone basically becomes that screen and yes, you can start & stop recording through the app if you have your camera mounted. The password for the app's connection to your phone is 1234567890 - I don't know who picked this, I don't think you can change it and I only found it online. You're welcome!
3. While we're on the subject of confusing terminology, you should know that the camera has an option in the menu for "time lapse" but they really mean countdown timer/delay. I spent like three hours trying to get a time lapse going (where the camera takes a picture every 5 seconds for 3+ hours and you end up with a slideshow showing change over time) when I finally gave up and came to the conclusion that they simply misworded this. As far as I can tell, there is no way to do a time lapse short of taking a full video and screen capping every 15th or so slide in a video editor. **EDIT**: time-lapse is possible if you select 'yes' under 'continuous lapse' and then set the time delay between shots to 2 seconds under the 'time lapse' menu. The camera doesn't come with editing software so, from there, you'll get a computer files that'll likely look like a long slideshow but you should be able to easily add music to it in windows movie maker or some other free/easy video editior.
4. A lot of people notice that the camera looks blurry when they take it out of the packaging - I noticed that the protective films companies use to keep glass form getting scratched were all over this thing, so be very diligent in removing them. My camera's lens had a layer, the inside of the plastic housing had one and the outside eye of the housing actually had two, so my videos were blurry until I grabbed a razor and got that last pesky one off. Now the videos are every bit as clear as a GoPro at 1080/60fps.
5. If you're looking for help with things, your two best bets are youtube videos and the Amazon questions section of this page. Since this is a small company that I don't think has any intention of setting up a legitimate American support system, we need to be creative. Considering it's a powerful camera at the best price you'll ever see such a device, we can't complain.
6. Attachments - as I mentioned before, this camera is the exact size of a GoPro and can fit into any GoPro attachment/accessory out there. The mounts, cases and stems are all the same size, though I'm not sure if the batteries would be compatible. Luckily, this comes with two and the camera can record while plugged into the wall/computer/external battery. If you get a 32GB microSD card, as I did, you can generally record about 4 hours of 1080/60fps video if you use this method instead of the batteries. A 64/128GB card may work too, but I haven't tried them so I'm not sure.
I'll try my best to answer any questions anyone posts as a reply to this post, so please feel free if you just opened the box and feel as lost as I did for a while there. Hopefully this information helps someone out!
342 of 378 people found the following review helpful.
Nice camera. Only used for snorkeling so far but ...
By John McWilliams
Nice camera. Only used for snorkeling so far but delivered as promised. Only draw back so far is battery door is hard to open with out something like a flat head screwdriver
255 of 291 people found the following review helpful.
Amazing features per dollar!
I've had GoPro's, JVC Adixxion, and Liquid Image action cams. This one is an amazing price per features! I really love the remote. I autocross and track days the remote makes it easy for mounting in somewhere I can't reach it while in the car and still record and even snapping some pics! I like how it has 4k but I got it because it had 1080p @ 60fps, many other value cams don't have that. Combined it with a spare battery and you are all set! You can buy almost four of these guys for the price of a low end GoPro! (For all that multi-angle goodness).